Negotiation can help you achieve aims and solve problems. You will able to find creative solutions that lead to a win-win outcome to negotiations. The course will give you the confidence and skills to be able to plan and implement a successful negotiation, to deliver information in the most effective manner, using ethical procedures and to manage and plan a complex, high-level negotiation and how to work in a team.
The course delivery will be in one day covering a broad range of topics and areas linked to understand the process of negotiation – how to prepare, having clear aims and objectives, how and when to use different negotiating styles, strategies and tactics. It will give you the confidence to be a successful negotiator.
Tutors on the program use a range of experience and skills gained from working at an international level and offer a facilitative style to include discussions about developing analytical and communication skills that are necessary for successful business negotiations.
- our values and how they impact on your negotiations
- understanding the nature of the gap between you and the other party
- what does win-win really mean?
- preparing for a negotiation
- The Three Phases; Exchanging Information, Bargaining and Closing.
- Skills for Successful Negotiating
- Establishing Your WATNA and BATNA
- Identifying Your WAP and ZOPA
- Creating a Negotiation Framework
- The Negotiation Process
- developing a strategy for success
- conducting a negotiation
- establishing a productive environment
- your negotiating team and their roles
- opening a negotiation
- Controlling Your Emotions
- Deciding When It’s Time to Walk Away
- skills you will need
- assertiveness – how to be assertive, but not aggressive, in negotiations
- questioning skills
- listening skills
- summarizing skills
Who Should Attend?
This course will greatly benefit professionals at all levels and productively enhance their negotiation skills with customers, colleagues, partners, suppliers, and other parties.